[fxruby-users] Help in request

Lyle Johnson lyle at lylejohnson.name
Mon Oct 19 11:57:32 EDT 2009

On Oct 18, 2009, at 3:26 AM, Helmut Hagemann wrote:

> this is my problem the whole picture with the background color is
> stored
> see Bird.jpg
> however, I would like to have Birdwanted.jpg

OK, so you want to make sure that the new width and height are half of
the original width and height, e.g.

	x, y = 0.5*@image.width, 0.5*@image.height
	new_width, new_height = 0.5*@image.width, 0.5*@image.height
	@image.crop(x, y, new_width, new_height, FXRGBA(236,233,216,255))

> another question
> In the Tutorial Example 7 imageviewer...

What "tutorial" are you referring to here?

> ... if is there a problem with rotate
> because picture is not indicated anew
> if one presses View and
> File list checkButton presses then the change is indicated

I doubt there's a bug in the FXImage#rotate method, but yes, there
does seem to be a bug in the imageviewer.rb example program. I'll add
it to the bug list for future investigation.

"FXRuby: Create Lean and Mean GUIs with Ruby"
Now available from the Pragmatic Bookshelf!