[fxruby-users] combox action issue

dave L dglnz at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 17 07:23:34 EDT 2009

Got a problem that i am unsure about how to tackle.

What I would like to have happen is this....

user move off a textbox and clicks on a combobox.
IF the textbox is empty then popup a dialogbox to alert the user of the error then return focus back to that control.

what I am getting is...

textbox empty user clicks on a combobox it's pane appears and then the dialogbox appears.
it is a two click action (1 to close the pane and 1 to close the dialogbox.
And the focus has not been returned to the textbox.

I've search the fxruby api docs for help but not getting much.

can someone point to a URL for more explainations on the SEL_ commands? as i think this will help me no end.