[fxruby-users] Best class to use

Stuart Clarke stuart_clarke86 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 24 15:42:45 EST 2009

At present I have two text areas, one for data (input area) and one for the time stamp (date area) in two horizontal frames.
My questions are, how can I create the text field as an append-able area? For example, as a user I want to type things into the text area (input area) and I will also click buttons which will add some data to the input area also. At present when I click the buttons to add data it clears the text field (input area).
My second question is, how do I get the GUI to respond to new lines being entered into the text area (input area)? Each time a line is filled or the user hits the enter/return button I want the time to entered into the date area for the corresponding line in the input area for example
INPUT AREA                                                                                             DATE AREAthis is my data, i am the user (USER HITS ENTER FOR NEW LINE)             Date value
I hope this is a bit clearer, many thanks
Stuart