[fxruby-users] Best class to use

Stuart Clarke stuart_clarke86 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 23 11:20:42 EST 2009

Hello all,
I am looking for input to an issue I am facing. I want to write a simple GUI that will be used by users for logging. The GUI needs the following
A text area for loggingAn area for time stamping every new line createdA frame area with buttons to select file pathsThe ability to out a text based report showing each entry from the text area with its time stamp alongsideMy initial thoughts are a text area for the input, but I am unsure how I can link this to an area for time stamping? I intend to have a small frame at the bottom of the GUI with a button and corresponding text field allowing users to select a folder with dirlist. My intended GUI will be as follows:
TEXT AREA                                         TIME STAMPTEXT AREA                                         TIME STAMPTEXT AREA                                         TIME STAMPTEXT AREA                                         TIME STAMPTEXT AREA                                         TIME STAMPTEXT AREA                                         TIME STAMPTEXT AREA                                         TIME STAMPETC, ETCFRAME - BUTTON         TEXT FIELD
My report that I generate from this information will link the text area and time stamp together.
I hope this makes sense.
Thanks in advance.