[fxruby-users] Not receiving FXTopWindow events

Lyle Johnson lyle at lylejohnson.name
Wed Nov 11 16:46:00 EST 2009

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 2:16 PM, Leslie Viljoen <leslieviljoen at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm afraid I posted here:
> http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/199028
> ..before seeing that that forum looks almost totally dead. Should one
> of these forums not be shut down to save people some time and false
> hopes?  :-)

I agree with you, but it's not my forum to shut down. :) I don't have
the bandwidth to monitor the Internet for all of these little
discussion pockets. This mailing list has always been (and continues
to be) the place for FXRuby chatter.

> So I'm going to repost here and reply there to close the topic, thus,
> hopefully remaining a good netizen.

Thanks. ;)

> Here is my question:
>
> I am trying to listen for the FXTopWindow events SEL_CLOSE,
> SEL_MINIMIZE, SEL_MAXIMIZE, SEL_RESTORE because I want to execute some
> code when a person presses the X button to close the window, etc.
>
> None of my code gets executed though. Can anyone help?

Per the message found by Joey Kinsella (elsewhere in this thread) it
sounds like the documentation for FXTopWindow needs to be corrected to
reflect the fact that you only get SEL_MINIMIZE, SEL_MAXIMIZE,
SEL_RESTORE and SEL_CLOSE when you call one of those FXTopWindow
methods (e.g. FXTopWindow#maximize); otherwise you just get
SEL_CONFIGURE. I'm not sure why the documentation wasn't corrected
when that problem was originally reported.

Leslie, could you please file a bug report on this on the new bug
tracker at Lighthouse?

    http://fxruby.lighthouseapp.com/projects/40125-fxruby

Thanks,

Lyle