[fxruby-users] Using ActiveRecord in FXRuby application

Lyle Johnson lyle at lylejohnson.name
Wed May 6 10:44:14 EDT 2009

On May 6, 2009, at 8:02 AM, Sarat Kongara wrote:

> My code works fine when I don't require fox16 and include Fox. But
> once I do that I get a bunch of warnings.

Since they are warning messages, they shouldn't be causing your
program to fail (you just get a lot of noise in the console window).
But I have a guess of what might fix it, if you can try something for
me locally.

For the purpose of this discussion, I'm going to assume that you've
installed FXRuby via RubyGems, and that it's installed here:

I want you to make changes to two lines in this file from the FXRuby

The first line I want you to change is line 3. It currently reads:

	$VERBOSE = nil

and I want you to change it to:

	old_verbose = $VERBOSE; $VERBOSE = nil

The other line I want you to change is line 2740 (the last line),
which currently reads:

	$VERBOSE = true

and I want you to change it to read:

	$VERBOSE = old_verbose

When you've changed those two lines, try running your program again
and let's see if that doesn't clear up all those warnings from