[fxruby-users] Data formating - Text Frame

Stuart Clarke stuart_clarke86 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 30 05:55:33 EDT 2009

Hello all,

I have a quick query regarding the output of data to an FXTextFrame. Currently I have an FXHeader with several headers in it and below it I have a text frame where data is output to.

The output of data has not real formatting at the moment. Each field of data is seperated by a tab character in an array, which has join("\n") called on it to get it onto the GUI. This outputs the data in a messy manner as some strings in the fields are longer than other etc.

Is there a way to say everything under heading A must not exceed 75 chars giving a nice structured list in columns. Each of my headings have set sizes but the text frame is just a text frame. Is this something that would need to be set in the array as the data is loaded into it? Or is there something simple I can do in the GUI. Effectivly I want an output like this:

HEADING 1          HEADING 2          HEADING 3
QWERTYUIOP         ASDFGHJK           DFGHJKLHJ
FG                 DFGHJKL            SDFGHDFGHJK
DFGH               G                  SDFGHJKL

At the moment I get something like this:

HEADING 1          HEADING 2          HEADING 3
QWERTYUIOP         ASDFGHJK           DFGHJKLHJ
FG         DFGHJKL            SDFGHDFGHJK
DFGH           G            SDFGHJKL

The latter is not very nice. Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards

Stuart