[fxruby-users] [Foxgui-users] Status of FOX 1.7?

Jeroen van der Zijp jeroen at fox-toolkit.org
Fri Mar 6 11:06:25 EST 2009

On Friday 06 March 2009, Lyle Johnson wrote:
> Jeroen,
>
> As best I can tell, FOX 1.7.x has been the development version of FOX
> for 2.5+ years (with FOX 1.7.1 released in July 2006). I know that you
> generally don't like to set schedules and that "it will be done when
> it's done", but do you have a rough idea of how close you are to
> rolling the development branch over to a stable (presumably 1.8?)
> release branch? I am asking because there are some aspects of FXRuby's
> guts that I have intentionally put off changing until FOX 1.8 goes
> live (and as you already know I decided awhile back not to try and
> track the 1.7 series since the API is in flux).

I think you're right, its probably time to converge the current code
to a new stable version as soon as possible.

It hasn't reached the goals I'd set for the 1.8 release, as a result of
the lack of time [and energy] due to my home construction project.

Fortunately that will be drawing to a close in the next few months, and
I should be able to resume the pace at that time.

In the meantime, I do believe you're right, and that its worth it to
focus on converging the current code into a releasable state, wrap up
a few loose ends, and get it into shape for the 1.8 release.

	Regards,

			- Jeroen