[fxruby-users] ruby1.9.1 fox1.7.19 fxrubygithub -> Init_core

Lyle Johnson lyle at lylejohnson.name
Thu Mar 5 08:20:13 EST 2009

On Mar 5, 2009, at 5:42 AM, adaml2 at seznam.cz wrote:

> ruby 1.9.1      #compiled # also fails with prepacked 1.8.7 ubuntu
> fox 1.7.19      #compiled

FXRuby 1.6.x is only compatible with FOX 1.6. There is no release of
FXRuby that is compatible with the (unstable) FOX 1.7 series.

> swig 1.3.35  # apt-get

You don't need SWIG to build FXRuby. It's something I use in the
development of FXRuby, but you don't need it.

> fxruby from github # compiled and ??

Not sure what this sentence fragment means...

> The story goes over many errors.... and fails.
> After git clone fxruby. I tried doc/build advice:

<snip>

Did you try installing the gem that's actually released? Or the source
tarball that's actually released? Official releases are here:

	http://rubyforge.org/projects/fxruby/

> ( BTW there are texts 1.6.13 and 1.6.32, are you planning
> something as @@FXRUBYVERSION@@ )

I have no idea what you're asking here.

You know, I'm just going to stop here because your email is just all
over the place. You say you're running Ubuntu, right? Why not just
install the packages for fox, i.e.

	sudo apt-get install libfox-1.6-dev

And then install FXRuby from the gem:

	sudo gem install fxruby

Hope this helps,

Lyle

P.S. If you run into trouble with this approach, please post back to
the list, but try to be more specific about what's going on.