[fxruby-users] Learning FXRuby please help!

Lyle Johnson lyle at lylejohnson.name
Wed Jun 24 17:14:39 EDT 2009

On Jun 24, 2009, at 3:26 PM, Marlene Phillips wrote:

> Again, thanks Lyle for this help, it solved the problem. Is there
> somewhere I can find more details on what each of these hints in the
> API
> means? For example, I'm afraid I don't know the distinction between
> "Stick on bottom" (LAYOUT_BOTTOM) and "Pack on bottom"
> (LAYOUT_SIDE_BOTTOM). And even though I now know that
> I need to pack the window on the bottom, when I try to read the
> documentation and see something like "Stick on bottom" I don't know
> that
> I should be looking for anything else. I'd love any info on a
> reference to deciphering some of
> the terser explanations here.

To tell you the truth, it's unclear to me (from a cursory examination
of the FOX source code) exactly what is the distinction between
LAYOUT_BOTTOM and LAYOUT_SIDE_BOTTOM (and other similar pairs of
layout hints). There is perhaps some better explanation at the FOX
home page:

	http://www.fox-toolkit.org/

but that web site is not responding at this time. Maybe Jeroen will
chime in with some illuminating words...

-- Lyle