[fxruby-users] Right mouse menu causes FXList to keep scrolling

Lyle Johnson lyle at lylejohnson.name
Wed Jun 24 10:35:02 EDT 2009

On Jun 24, 2009, at 2:50 AM, Ronald Pijnacker wrote:

> The user interface of an application of mine has a couple of
> FXLists that are filled enough to get a scroll-bar.
> I added a right-mouse pop-up menu to these lists as follows:

<snip>

> The pop-up menu works without problems, but when I invoke it
> the underlying list keeps scrolling, even with no buttons pressed.

One of the "hidden" features of FXList is that you can click and drag
with the right mouse button to scroll the list's contents up and down
(instead of using the scroll bar). I suspect that your override of the
SEL_RIGHTBUTTONPRESS message is somehow interacting with this feature.
What happens if you add a call to ungrab() at the end of the event
handler block, e.g.

	@list.connect(SEL_RIGHTBUTTONPRESS) do |sender, sel, data|
		# ... everything as before ...
		@list.ungrab
	end

Another thing you could try is changing the connect() to match on
SEL_RIGHTBUTTONRELEASE, although may cause the same problem as
SEL_RIGHTBUTTONPRESS is.

Hope this helps,

Lyle