[fxruby-users] Learning FXRuby please help!

Philippe Lang philippe.lang at attiksystem.ch
Wed Jun 24 02:27:22 EDT 2009

fxruby-users-bounces at rubyforge.org wrote:

> Thanks for your help! Why do I need the self.recalc?

I have to say I don't know exactly. I thought a self.repaint or
self.update would be sufficient, since your frame is only hidden and
then shown. As a first guess, I would have said that you need a recalc
when you create controls "dynamically", and need to invalidate the
window structure. But your example shows that I'm wrong!

For sure, Lyle or Jeroen have the answer!

> And do you have
> a good source for me to read about this kind of thing so I don't need
> to keep asking "confused beginner" questions?

Lyle has written a book: http://www.pragprog.com/titles/fxruby/fxruby

Otherwise you have examples here:
http://www.fxruby.org/doc/examples.html

... And the API reference: http://www.fxruby.org/doc/api/