[fxruby-users] Beginner question

dave L dglnz at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 21 20:02:42 EDT 2009

Meinrad,

I for one would like more tutorials on using fxGUIb.

and how to use some of the other controls like matrix (presume it's a table type widgit and with little help info within each popup ? button within event manager doesn't help me much either - or is fxRI the one i need??).

I must admit i am not the brightest programmer and what might seem self explaitory to some is likely to be hard for me to interpret.

I learn best by doing but as of late haven't had an itch to scratch so to speak.

but have wanted to dabble with fxGUIb lately but - lacking good help/pointers and what i'm after is _very_ basic things like capturing the enter keypress. To get a response into a label (but later have it call a sqlite3 Select function) and have data servered up.

think there is a data awear widget but being very much a novice I've not looked round much.

any pointers to better or more fleshed out tutorials?

rdgs,

Dave.