[fxruby-users] New to FXRuby Can't justify a label

Melton, Ryan rmelton at ball.com
Fri Jun 19 13:57:56 EDT 2009

Some thoughts:

Height and width of the label do nothing unless you give the LAYOUT_FIX_WIDTH and/or LAYOUT_FIX_HEIGHT options.

You are not using a layout manager (FXVerticalFrame, etc.), so you get the default layout of the FXMainWindow which acts like a vertical frame stacking windows from the top left down.

Justification only applies within the labels height/width so it can't do anything if the FXLabel is auto sized to be only the size of its text (which is what is happening).  Try using LAYOUT_BOTTOM to move it to the bottom of the FXMainWindow.

Ryan