[fxruby-users] [fxruby] components for Photo and audio input

Jeroen van der Zijp jeroen at fox-toolkit.org
Wed Jun 3 01:55:50 EDT 2009

On Tuesday 02 June 2009, Nataraj S Narayan wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am using Fox16. I need to write a form which has usual
> FX..Frame,FXButton ,FXTextField etc, also a component which will accept
> photos and voice recordings. How do I go about this? Does my app need to
> call programs like Gphoto ? If so can I import the gphoto and ffmpeg
> outputs into my form?
>
> My need is to capture input from a webcam and voice recorder via my input form.

You may be able to use FXImageView or FXImageFrame, these display an image.

The mechanics of setting the image depend a little bit on where it comes
from.

My suggestion is to determine which way the image goes into the application
first.  Possibilities are from a file, via drag and drop, or maybe through
a communication socket?

Its difficult to answer the question without this info.  On the other hand,
reading images from streams [files, memory stream, etc] is probably the most
flexible.

	- Jeroen