[fxruby-users] IDE

dave L dglnz at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 5 00:57:52 EDT 2009

Just tried this as an experiment.

what i did was to change the init if respond_to? 'init' line within the foxGUIb code to a puts 'yes' if respond_to? 'init'.

Now using Sicite i expected to see in the output screen yes displayed either during program execution or after the program is closed.

But nothing happened!! so i can only think that the generated code doesn't know anything about my code.

If that is so then i copied and pasted the unit test across to my code and ran my code and got no response either.

# source generated by foxGUIb 1.0.0

class MainWindow
    def initialize( parent)
        construct_widget_tree( parent)
        puts 'yes' if respond_to? 'init'
    def construct_widget_tree( parent)

                 My code written tonight after viewing your reply.
require 'monitorscreen.rb'
#require 'sqlite3_calls.rb'

#include Dbase
class Fxwindow_code < MainWindow
  def initialize(parent)
        #@mydb = dbase.new
  def init
# just put the characters to a label on the screen - easy debug solution for me to see
# if the user entry gets passed through
#                   - when there is a key press - SEL_KEYRELEASE message is sent