[fxruby-users] IDE

dave L dglnz at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 3 19:15:47 EDT 2009

Hi Nataraj S Narayan,

The only one that comes close to that sort of thing would be ...
                   foxGUIb  - written by Meinrad Recheis (aka henon)
                  Shoes        - written by _why_the_lucky_stiff (aka(_why)

foxGuib is a good for visually placing controls onto the screen etc and i'm having a time trying to link my event code to actions done on the foxGUIb generated screen (thinking about doing a screen cast once i am more confidant about doing things with foxGUIb and pulling in my code - or visa versa).

Shoes is a great wee program very versital and much more ruby in how you use it but has it's own quirks.
good place to learn about Shoes is at www.ruby learning.org they run a 2 week course every so often among other courses for ruby.

might add that doing the free ruby core course 1st might help you too (not that i know or critiquing your programming skills).

HTH

dave.