[fxruby-users] [Foxgui-users] Considering a move to GitHub

Lyle Johnson lyle at lylejohnson.name
Thu Jan 29 12:29:52 EST 2009

On Jan 29, 2009, at 9:16 AM, Hubbell, Sean-W49290 wrote:

> If you do not mind me asking, are there any reasons that you are using
> Git over Subversion?

One of the main reasons is being able to work (i.e. make commits)
offline, without being connected to the remote repository. But if
that's all I needed, I could have used something like SVK (which I did
experiment with, for awhile).

The main thing I like about Git is that it's a lot faster, generally
speaking, than Subversion, in terms of things like making commits,
creating branches, and so forth. And I can use Git to track Subversion
repositories, for those projects (like some at work) that can't move
away from Subversion.