[fxruby-users] FXVec* default constructors

Lyle Johnson lyle at lylejohnson.name
Wed Jan 28 17:48:59 EST 2009

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 2:37 AM, David MacMahon
<davidm at astro.berkeley.edu> wrote:

> Another thing to note, which I think is an fxruby and/or swig issue, is that
> the FXExtent* methods #lower, #upper, and #[] return a new object for each
> call, but all these different objects are backed by the same underlying C++
> object.  This can lead to weird/undesirable behavior...

Yes, that's a problem. I'll see what I can do about modifying those
methods (FXExtentd#lower, upper, and []) so that they always return a
reference to the same Ruby object.

P.S. Also made a fix for the uninitialized values for the FXVec
classes. Thanks for pointing that out!