[fxruby-users] (no subject)

dave L dglnz at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 28 03:55:28 EST 2009

okay now that i've got GUIb running time to play :)

Issue i now have is the  1st example in the online tutorial troubling version 2 where we separate code from the generated code of GUIb.

here is my source

require "inchesX"
Class inchesX
  def init

            cmLabel.text = (inchesField.text.to_f * 2.54).to_s}

#unit test
if __FILE__==$0
    require "FX"
    w=inchesX.new app

and here is the error i get when run from teh terminal (using kate to code wit a terminal at the bottom so i don't have to flick between windows/programs.

dave at AMD3000:/spare/foxgui$ ruby ExtendInches.rb
ExtendInches.rb:2: undefined local variable or method `inchesX' for main:Object (NameError)
dave at AMD3000:/spare/foxgui$

I have just tried as an experiment adding inchesX:: in front of the Widget names (eg inchesX::cmLabel...)
but still no joy!!

have also tried adding a require fox16 above the require inchesX wit no joy.

pointers please.

      Easy recipes for Christmas entertaining on Yahoo!Xtra Lifestyle- http://nz.lifestyle.yahoo.com/food-recipes