[fxruby-users] foxGUIb - believe it's intalled okay but....

Meinrad Recheis meinrad.recheis at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 05:14:25 EST 2009

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 10:36 AM, dave L <dglnz at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi Henon & Michèle,
>
> Sorry but i've physically gone to the /usr/bin directory and ran the
> command with no joy!!!
>
> here is what i've got.
>
> dave at AMD3000:/usr/bin$ ruby foxGUIb.rb
> ruby: Permission denied -- foxGUIb.rb (LoadError)
> dave at AMD3000:/usr/bin$ sudo ruby foxGUIb.rb
> sudo: unable to resolve host AMD3000
> foxGUIb.rb:7:in `require': no such file to load -- version (LoadError)
>         from foxGUIb.rb:7
> dave at AMD3000:/usr/bin$

I doubt that foxguib.rb is located in /usr/bin. can you verify that please?
I think you installed foxguib in a directory under /usr/bin such as
/usr/bin/foxGUIb-1.7.0 or something like that. you need to cd in there and
and start. sorry for the inconvenience.

btw: you might want to move your installation of foxguib to your homedir in
order to use it without sudo.
-- henon