[fxruby-users] (no subject)

Michèle Garoche migatine at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 12:13:43 EST 2009

Le 24 janv. 2009 à 13:26, James Hibbard a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I wrote a GUI using FXRuby under WinXP.
> I then upgraded to Vista, installed Ruby (and thus by default
> FXRuby) and ran my GUI.
> It was then that I noticed that the colours have gone weird.
> The main user interface is now white (the default colour that Vista
> uses), but all of the data targets and tables have remained beige
> (RGB 236, 233, 216).
> Of course one can individualy declare a white background colour for
> each of these widgets, but then it looks garish if run on XP or Linux.
> I'm looking for a setting I can apply to make the colour for the
> application uniform and overide the system default.
> I already tried such things as app.backColour = FXRGB(236, 233, 216).
> In an earlier post it was suggested that I could change these
> settings by running FOX ControlPanel application.
You certainly installed FOX, before installing FXRuby.
FOX built a couple of executables (don't ask me where I'm on a Mac),
by me they are in /usr/local/src/tests/ControlPanel
/usr/local/src is where I put the FOX source code to compile it.
I have no idea if the tests applications are installed automatically
on Windows machines. They are not on Mac, that may be the problem you
face, if you have installed a pre-compiled binary shipped without the
tests.

It does not help much, but it may explain your problem.

Cheers,
Michèle
<http://micmacfr.homeunix.org>