[fxruby-users] Vista issues

James Hibbard mr_nice66 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 16 07:00:50 EST 2009

Hi,

So, referring to shutter.rb
Supposing you have the 'Lookout shortcuts' shutter item selected (you
can see 'Lookout today', 'Inbox', 'Calendar', 'Contacts' etc)
When you click on the shutter item below it, does it smoothly scroll up
to nest underneath the 'Lookout shortcuts' item, or does it just spring
up there in one frame?
When running this under XP I got the first effect (smooth scrolling),
when running it under Vista I got the second effect (jumpy frames).
Do I understand it correctly that you get the jumpy frames effect in both XP and Vista, or just in XP?
Cheers for looking into this.
Jim

P.S. under windows the shutter programme can be found here - no need to deactivate ithe icons :)
C:\ruby\lib\ruby\gems\1.8\gems\fxruby-1.6.12-mswin32\examples