[fxruby-users] Vista issues

Philippe Lang philippe.lang at attiksystem.ch
Fri Jan 16 05:24:39 EST 2009

> Hi,
> I also noticed that the FXShutter doesn't work properly under Vista.
> When you click on the various shutter items, it just flicks from one
> item to the next without the smooth animation in between.
> It just flicks from one shutter button to the next in one frame.
> Is there any way of fixing this, or should I just can Vista and go
back to XP.

I'm not using the FXShutter widget myself, so I'm not sure how it's
supposed to work, but I have just run the FXShutter example here:

... And I don't see the smooth animation effect you are talking about,
although I use XP as well. (I have disactivated the icons load, it's not
supposed to change anything, right?)

Maybe your XP machine is so old that your funny smooth effect is in fact
a huge slowdow in screen redraw? :) Just kidding...

Philippe Lang