[fxruby-users] Vista issues

James Hibbard mr_nice66 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 15 16:43:51 EST 2009

Hi,

I wrote a GUI using FXRuby under WinXP.
I then upgraded to Vista, installed Ruby (and thus by default FXRuby) and ran my GUI.
It was then that I noticed that the colours have gone weird.
The main user interface is now white (the default colour that Vista uses), but all of the data targets and tables have remained beige (RGB 236, 233, 216).
Of course one can individualy declare a white background colour for each of these widgets, but then it looks garish if run on XP or Linux.
Is there any setting I can apply to make the colour for the application uniform and overide the system default.
I already tried such things as app.backColour = FXRGB(236, 233, 216).

I also noticed that the FXShutter doesn't work properly under Vista. When you click on the various shutter items, it just flicks from one item to the next without the smooth animation in between.
It just flicks from one shutter button to the next in one frame.
Is there any way of fixing this, or should I just can Vista and go back to XP.

Thanks in advance for any advice.