[fxruby-users] RE : FXTable, SEL_REPLACED and modal dialogs, 2nd

Philippe Lang philippe.lang at attiksystem.ch
Mon Jan 5 16:20:36 EST 2009

> Philippe,
> I am (so far) having trouble reproducing this bug. I've tried it both
> on OS X and Windows XP, using the latest release of FXRuby. What OS
> and version(s) of things are you working with?

Hi Lyle,
I'm using the latest FXRuby, and a quite decent ruby enviroment too:
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrateur>ruby -v
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrateur>gem list
*** LOCAL GEMS ***
activerecord (2.0.5)
    Implements the ActiveRecord pattern for ORM.
activesupport (2.0.5)
    Support and utility classes used by the Rails framework.
fxri (0.3.6)
    Graphical interface to the RI documentation, with search engine.
fxruby (1.6.18)
    FXRuby is the Ruby binding to the FOX GUI toolkit.
gettext (1.9.0)
    Ruby-GetText-Package is a libary and tools to localize messages.
hpricot (0.6)
    a swift, liberal HTML parser with a fantastic library
log4r (1.0.5)
    Log4r is a comprehensive and flexible logging library for Ruby.
postgres-pr (0.4.0)
    A pure Ruby interface to the PostgreSQL (>= 7.4) database
rake (0.7.3)
    Ruby based make-like utility.
rubyscript2exe (0.5.3)
    A Ruby Compiler
sources (0.0.1)
    This package provides download sources for remote gem installation
win32-api (1.0.4)
    A superior replacement for Win32API
win32-clipboard (0.4.3)
    A package for interacting with the Windows clipboard
win32-dir (0.3.2)
    Extra constants and methods for the Dir class on Windows.
win32-eventlog (0.4.6)
    Interface for the MS Windows Event Log.
win32-file (0.5.4)
    Extra or redefined methods for the File class on Windows.
win32-file-stat (1.2.7)
    A File::Stat class tailored to MS Windows
win32-process (0.5.3)
    Adds fork, wait, wait2, waitpid, waitpid2 and a special kill method
win32-sapi (0.1.4)
    An interface to the MS SAPI (Sound API) library.
win32-sound (0.4.1)
    A library for playing with sound on MS Windows.
windows-api (0.2.0)
    An easier way to create methods using Win32API
windows-pr (0.7.2)
    Windows functions and constants bundled via Win32::API
For the OS, I use Windows XP SP3, but I'm pretty sure the problem happens with SP2 too.
I have just made some more tests, and I agree the problem doe not always happen if you follow my previous email. Here is how to reproduce the bug on my laptop:
1) Click on the top left cell
2) Type something in it
3) Click on any other cell
4) Close the dialog with the mouse
5) Move your cursor around on the FXTable without clicking
I hope you can reproduce this strange thing...
Best regards,
Philippe Lang