[fxruby-users] Problems with FX frame layout

Stuart Clarke stuart_clarke86 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 1 08:32:33 EST 2009

I am having a nightmare with the layout of my GUI, the attached picture shows the layout I wish to achieve. I have a menu bar, then a tabbook under a horzional seperator, to the right of the tabbook is a narrow frame containing text. I have got this up and running however when i try to add a further frame (which is at the very botton running from right to left) I get problems. I no this is because my global frame is Horizontal and it arranges all new items left to right. How do i get around this? I was thinking maybe the splitter but that doesnt seems to have the flexibilty i need. Below is my code for setting up the layout of my GUI and within each frame will be additional text frames etc.

    #Window layout
    window = FXHorizontalFrame.new(self, LAYOUT_SIDE_TOP|LAYOUT_FILL_X|LAYOUT_FILL_Y)
    tabbook = FXTabBook.new(window,:opts => FRAME_SUNKEN|LAYOUT_FILL_X|LAYOUT_LEFT)
    md5List = FXVerticalFrame.new(window, :opts => FRAME_SUNKEN|LAYOUT_FILL_X|LAYOUT_BOTTOM)
    idDesc = FXVerticalFrame.new(window, :opts => FRAME_SUNKEN|LAYOUT_RIGHT)

Thanks in advance