[fxruby-users] handling both SEL_LEFTBUTTON[PRESS|RELEASE], and SEL_DOUBLECLICK

Joey Kinsella jkinsella at ancillaryservices.com
Thu Dec 24 10:00:13 EST 2009

Hello all,

  Does anyone know if it is possible to connect to both a
SEL_LEFTBUTTONPRESS (SEL_BUTTONRELEASE), and still be able to connect to a
SEL_DOUBLECLICK? I am using an FXIconList, and I've implemented a basic
pseudo `drag-n-drop', kind of thing... using SEL_LEFTBUTTONPRESS, and
SEL_LEFTBUTTONRELEASE. I want to also handle a SEL_DOUBLECLICK so that a
dialog will popup when they double click on an item. However, it appears
that since I am already connecting to SEL_BUTTONPRESS/RELEASE that
SEL_DOUBLECLICK is never getting triggered. (or atleast that is my
assumption.) Is there a way around this? Or do I have to some how implement
my own kind of SEL_DOUBLECLICK based on the FXEvent structure that is passed
to SEL_LEFTBUTTONPRESS? (ie: if(data.click_count == 2) ; do_this() ; else ;
do_that() ; end) I feel like that is rather hackish, and I'd rather not, if
I don't have to.

Thanks,
Joey

that any dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of
this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have
received this communication in error, please notify us
immediately.