[fxruby-users] Best way to brake up a string within FXruby?

dave L dglnz at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 25 06:56:53 EDT 2009

Hi I have a string inside a FXList that is seperated into columns by spaces.

I will have a need to put this data into editable controls when ever the user clicks on a line.
I thought of using the ruby split(' ') command.

The way i was going to do this was to have it setup like this...

control.text, control.text... = ALine.split(' ')

but i got a error referring to split as being private!
Is there a better way of doing this?

I have googled but for the present i have not found anything meaningful.

anyone able to help?