[fxruby-users] foxGUI - textfieldTextStyle

dave L dglnz at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 10 04:07:59 EDT 2009

I have just come across the Textfield_Limited option.

I would like to get an understanding on how and why it is used.
Could anyone give me a scenario of it's use?

I am thinking of using it like this.

I have a login screen and it contains a label, textfield and button.

the textfield has the password option checked so asterisks appear and would like to use the Textfield_Limited as a check to ensure the user enters X characters in for a password thus saving me from doing the test myself.

Is this what it's use is for?

I have another textfield where i am wanting to restrict the characters to 10 no more no less
before allowing the user to proceed on (currently this is done via a length test) when the user presses enter on the keyboard (note there are no buttons! on this particular window).