[fxruby-users] Install question on Mac

Pito Salas rps at salas.com
Wed Apr 29 10:12:32 EDT 2009

Lyle

Thanks for your help. I ended up installing it via ports like you
originally suggested. Seemed the safer and easier way to go. And it
worked flawlessly and so I am up and running.

As a general rule, as a ruby developer, do you use ports instead of
gems or what is your policy?

Another question, it looks like the X Window package is launched on
Mac to display UI. Is that the way FX always works or is it just a mac
thing?

I am assessing what gui package to make the effort to learn and at
this point I have it down to WxRyby and FxRuby. Any words of advice?

Thanks!

Pito