[fxruby-users] Install question on Mac

Pito Salas rps at salas.com
Tue Apr 28 14:09:39 EDT 2009

Lyle

Thanks... Your diagnosis sounds correct. Indeed I would prefer to use
everything via mac ports.

One thing I don't understand though, maybe you can clarify.

If I use MacPorts to install FxRuby like you say:

$ sudo port install rb-fxruby

Am I installing a gem or installing fx ruby in some other place?

To keep my sanity I've tried to install with gem everything that's a
gem, and with ports everything else. That way when I uninstall I know
where to go and in theory I have one less possible path problem.

Thanks!

- Pito