[fxruby-users] FXDialogBox - how to close

Rick Schaeffer rschaeff at comcast.net
Sun Apr 26 17:12:39 EDT 2009

I have an FXDialogBox that I want to programmatically close.  I have been
unable to figure out how to do it and am baffled!

If I add an "Accept" button using this code:

    accept = FXButton.new(buttons, "&Accept", nil, self, ID_ACCEPT,

the dialog exits properly when I hit the button.  BUT...I don't want to have
a button in the dialog.  When the user selects an item from a listbox, I
just want to do the same thing as "Accept".  I have tried having the dialog
close itself.  The window closes but the parent window thinks it still
exists (The dialog is "modal").  Nothing I have tried closes the dialog box
and lets the parent window function normally.

Sent from the FXRuby Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.