[fxruby-users] FXTableItem.new segmentation fault

Tim Smith tsmith at tektone.net
Fri Sep 19 16:31:59 EDT 2008

Does the following code crash for anyone else?  My app is unpredictably
crashing with a segmentation fault, which I can sometimes reproduce with
this contrived test case.

require 'fox16'; include Fox

start = Time.now
count = 0
items = []
while true
  28125.times {|i|
    items[i] = FXTableItem.new ''
  }
  count += 1
  puts "#{count}, after #{Time.now - start} seconds"
end

The eventual error:

c:/program
files/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/fxruby-1.6.16-x86-mswin32-60/lib/fox16
/kwargs.rb:2367: [BUG] Segmentation fault
ruby 1.8.6 (2007-09-24) [i386-mswin32]

I've had this code crash on XP and Vista (but not Linux), often in under
a minute, though not always.  Does anyone know what might be going on?

Thanks for any help,

Tim Smith