[fxruby-users] How to control Button access ?

dragoncity dragoncity at aanet.com.au
Wed Sep 10 21:08:26 EDT 2008

I have a data entry form which has a row of Buttons arranged along the
bottom. This data entry form is to be used for repetitive entry by
experieced users and the code saves the current form to a file when the user
Tab's out of the last field, clears the
form, then automatically restarts accepting a new record.

I would like that the buttons are not automatically visited by pressing the
TAB Key , but only used by Mouse Click.
Is this arrangement possible ?  I have not found any obvious way to stop the
buttons being visited via Tab key press.

PS: I posted this  on Fox-users and received a possible solution, but would
like to know if the same idea can be done with FXRuby.

One way is to derive FXButton class and override "canFocus()" method:

class MyButton : public FXButton {
  FXbool canFocus() const { return false; }

Sent from the FXRuby Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.