[fxruby-users] getApp

angico angico at angico.org
Fri Oct 31 04:33:15 EDT 2008

Em Qui, 2008-10-30 às 15:45 -0500, Lyle Johnson escreveu:

> The getApp() method is defined on the FXId class, which is way up in
> the class hierarchy and is an ancestor class for FXWindow and many
> other FXRuby classes. But you obviously need to have your hands on an
> instance of FXId or one of its subclasses to be able to call that
> method.
>
> A more general option (and what I suspect you'll need to use) is to
> just call the FXApp.instance method, which returns the (single) FXApp
> instance, e.g.
>
> 	FXApp.instance.beep
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Lyle
>
> ---
> "FXRuby: Create Lean and Mean GUIs with Ruby"
> Now available from the Pragmatic Bookshelf!
> http://www.pragprog.com/titles/fxruby

Hi, Lyle.

According to the documentation on http://www.fxruby.org/doc/api/, the
only methods available in FXId are:

create   created?   destroy   detach

but it does have an attribute called "app". I guess when you say to use
the method getApp you're really saying to use this app attribute which,
as you explained here, is inherited by FXWindow. Am I right in thinking
so? I'm just asking because I couldn't find ANY method named getApp
neither on this documentation nor on the documentation for Ruby core.

Sorry if these questions are boring, but I'm new to Ruby and FXRuby, and
I want to understand it very well, in order to use it in depth.

Thanks,

--

angico
------