[fxruby-users] Forcing a re-paint

David Toll toll at us.ibm.com
Mon Oct 27 12:16:50 EDT 2008

I have an FXText window which I would like to force to be repainted
immediately, not wait for the lazy re-paint.

I have a call to repaint() for the FXText window and for the FXApp.

The documentation for FXApp.repaint says "Paint all windows marked for
repainting.  On return all the applications windows have been painted".  I
take that to mean (or hope that it means) that this a synchronous call,
and your program should wait for the repaint to complete.  However that
clearly is not the case - the window gets repainted some considerable time
later.

There is no documentation of a repaint method for FXText, nor for its
parent FXScrollArea.  FXScrollArea's parent is Object, so I am not at all
sure from which class FXText gets a repaint method.

Does anyone know do I force a (synchronous) repaint?

        Thanks.
                Dave

David C. Toll, Research Staff Member, Secure Embedded Systems
IBM T. J. Watson Research Center, 19 Skyline Drive, Hawthorne NY 10532
Phone: 914-784-7019 (t/l 863)   Fax: 914-784-6205 (t/l 863)  email:
toll at us.ibm.com