[fxruby-users] Using BUTTON_TOOLBAR

William Blum wblum at pacbell.net
Mon Oct 27 02:53:54 EDT 2008

Hi, folks. I'm trying to make a toolbar with buttons that change appearance
when hovered over with the mouse. The docs on FXButton say that using
BUTTON_TOOLBAR "causes the edge of the button to be raised when the cursor
moves over it." What I'm getting is buttons without any frame, but they do
not change appearance when the cursor moves over them. I'm running Ruby
1.8.6 (2007-09-24 patchlevel 111) [i386-mswin32] on Microsoft Windows Vista
[Version 6.0.6001]. Here's my code:

require 'fox16'
include Fox

class MainWindow < FXMainWindow
  def initialize(app)
    super(app, "Toolbar Example",
      :width => 485, :height => 300)
    tool_bar_shell = FXToolBarShell.new(self)
    top_dock_site = FXDockSite.new(self,
      :opts => LAYOUT_FILL_X|LAYOUT_SIDE_TOP)
    tool_bar = FXToolBar.new(top_dock_site, tool_bar_shell,
      :opts => PACK_UNIFORM_WIDTH|FRAME_RAISED|LAYOUT_FILL_X)
    new_button = FXButton.new(tool_bar,
      "New File", :opts => BUTTON_TOOLBAR)
    open_button = FXButton.new(tool_bar,
      "Open File", :opts => BUTTON_TOOLBAR)
  end

  def create
    super
    show(PLACEMENT_SCREEN)

if __FILE__ == $0
  FXApp.new do |app|
    MainWindow.new(app)
    app.create
    app.run

Doesn't work on Vista? I'm doing something wrong?