[fxruby-users] Method calls with menus

Lyle Johnson lyle at lylejohnson.name
Wed Nov 26 19:58:24 EST 2008

On Nov 26, 2008, at 3:44 PM, Stuart Clarke wrote:

> I have fixed that problem now, it was not liking being public to the
> entire class. However I am getting an error like so which is new and
> I have not changed any of my code. I have simpily broke it down into
> 2 steps:
>
>  syntax error, unexpected tCONSTANT, expecting ')'
>
> More strange is the data that is causing this error is commented out
> see below:
>
> #@evtrievefindings.push "Number of sucessful local logons:
> #{locallogon}"

Is there any way you can post the revised code (or send it off-list if
you'd prefer)? It looks like you have a syntax error somewhere in this
*.rb file, probably somewhere *before* the line that it's actually
reporting as having the error.

When I get a syntax error like this and I just can't see where it is,
I find it sometimes helps to comment out sections of the code until it
starts working, and then focus in on the most recently commented out
section (which is likely to be where the problem lies).