[fxruby-users] Method calls with menus

Stuart Clarke stuart_clarke86 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 25 15:55:22 EST 2008

Hi all,

I have an FX GUI which does a number of things. It has two tabs which are two hold two different sets of data. My GUI has a menu which stipulates the contents of each tab. Clicking on the menu and open brings up a dialog box, as i the user select a folder it passed that folder (path) to a method which then scans the directory for files of certain type and prints the contents onto the GUI.

I have a second GUI button which I am having trouble with. This button will only work once the first button has been selected and the data processed. This second button or RUN button is meant to pass to another method in my code which will then run searches on the already processed data. To do this I have the following code:

mineEVT = FXMenuCommand.new(minerMenu, "Run...").connect(SEL_COMMAND, method(:minecompleteEVT))

My method is minecompleteEVT(). However upon running this code i get the following error:

c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/fxruby-1.6.16-x86-mswin32-60/lib/fox16/responder2
.rb:55:in `minecompleteEVT': wrong number of arguments (3 for 0) (ArgumentError)

Why am I getting this error when I dont seem to passing any arguements? I take it I am not understanding something.

Thanks in advance.