[fxruby-users] Warning on kwargs on launch

Lyle Johnson lyle at lylejohnson.name
Sat Nov 1 19:32:30 EDT 2008

On Nov 1, 2008, at 3:05 PM, Michèle Garoche wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've got this warning:
>
> /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/fxruby-1.6.16/lib/fox16/kwargs.rb:
> 82: warning: redefine listFonts
>
> when launching an FXRuby application.
>
> Is there anything I could changee in kwargs.rb to get rid of it?

Run Ruby without warnings turned on (i.e. don't pass the "-w" flag to
ruby). I'm not sure why they've chosen to tag redefining methods as a
warning, but there's not much we can do about it.

Hope this helps,

Lyle

---
"FXRuby: Create Lean and Mean GUIs with Ruby"
Now available from the Pragmatic Bookshelf!
http://www.pragprog.com/titles/fxruby