[fxruby-users] problem with non-focused fxruby gui freezing or blanking out.

Lyle Johnson lyle at lylejohnson.name
Mon May 26 11:32:16 EDT 2008

On May 26, 2008, at 1:13 AM, Philippe Lang wrote:

> Does a call to FXApp.disableThreads before FXApp.create help maybe?

Granted, we don't know a lot about this particular case yet, but I'm
guessing that that's not the problem. It is true that when FXRuby's
support for threads is enabled, you'll see a bit of a performance hit
(whenever FXRuby allocates some time to Ruby's thread scheduler) but
it shouldn't ever just completely lock up the system like this.

---
"FXRuby: Create Lean and Mean GUIs with Ruby"
Now available from the Pragmatic Bookshelf!
http://www.pragprog.com/titles/fxruby