[fxruby-users] problem with non-focused fxruby gui freezing or blanking out.

datatec datatec at gmail.com
Fri May 23 12:16:59 EDT 2008

I find that when a running fxruby program looses focus or another window is
placed in front of it, when the fxruby window regains focus, many times the
gui is now frozen or blank.

This seems to happen especially frequently when the window covering it is a
java or fox based application.

Usually it comes back but sometimes it takes several minutes to do so.

I would really like to find someway to stop this from occurring.

A good of this is a program I have that parses a large csv file and while
the processing taking place it updates a progress bar. once the window
looses focus frequently the progress bar and labels do not update again
until the process is complete.

I have a general idea why this occurs, but don't really know how to stop it.
Sent from the FXRuby Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.