[fxruby-users] FXTable::fitColumnsToContents

David Toll toll at us.ibm.com
Tue May 20 10:05:28 EDT 2008

On May 19, 2008, at 9:43 PM, Lyle Johnson wrote:

Wait, I've got it now. The spacing's different because it's a header
item and not a table item. Here's the correct formula:

                 hw =
columnHeader.font.getTextWidth(columnHeader.getItemText(c)) +
                                 2*columnHeader.borderWidth +
columnHeader.padLeft +
                         columnHeader.padRight

That looks right here, for the font that I'm testing with. Let me know
what you think!

That does indeed work as I would expect.  Thank you.

Does this mean there is a bug in the "standard" version of
fitColumnstoContents - i.e. should the standard version be changed to this
new version?

                Dave

David C. Toll, Research Staff Member, Secure Embedded Systems
IBM T. J. Watson Research Center, 19 Skyline Drive, Hawthorne NY 10532
Phone: 914-784-7019 (t/l 863)   Fax: 914-784-6205 (t/l 863)  email:
toll at us.ibm.com