lyle at lylejohnson.name
Mon May 19 21:34:19 EDT 2008
On May 19, 2008, at 1:56 PM, David Toll wrote:
> I have tried your suggested replacement for fitColumnsToContents.
> While it is better than the "standard" version, it does not
> completely cure my problem. It does not get a large enough value
> for the width of the heading text, and so far I have not determined
> why. I found that if I increase this size estimate by 1/3 then the
> display looks about right. That is, the line that determines "hw"
> is now:
> hw =
> However, this is a somewhat arbitrary solution to the problem, I am
> hoping someone knows why the call to font.getTextWidth does not
> return an adequate value.
I see part of the problem, now that I look at it again. We're not
taking into account the cell margin values. So if you change the
calculation of "hw" to this:
hw = columnHeader.font.getTextWidth(columnHeader.getItemText(c)) +
marginLeft + marginRight
You get a bit closer to the correct width. But for the particular big
font that I'm trying it's still a little short. I don't know if this
indicates a bug in FXFont::getTextWidth(), or if there's still some
factor that I'm overlooking.
Hope this helps,
"FXRuby: Create Lean and Mean GUIs with Ruby"
Now available from the Pragmatic Bookshelf!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the fxruby-users