[fxruby-users] FXTable::fitColumnsToContents

David Toll toll at us.ibm.com
Mon May 19 14:56:42 EDT 2008


I have tried your suggested replacement for fitColumnsToContents.  While 
it is better than the "standard" version, it does not completely cure my 
problem.  It does not get a large enough value for the width of the 
heading text, and so far I have not determined why. I found that if I 
increase this size estimate by 1/3 then the display looks about right. 
That is, the line that determines "hw" is now:

      hw = columnHeader.font.getTextWidth(columnHeader.getItemText(c))*4/3

However, this is a somewhat arbitrary solution to the problem, I am hoping 
someone knows why the call to font.getTextWidth does not return an 
adequate value.

The font I am using for the cell headers is:

    @tahoma10Bold = FXFont.new(app, "Tahoma", 10, FXFont::Bold)

The font for the table contents is:

    @courierNew10 = FXFont.new(app, "Courier New", 10)  #  10 point, fixed 


David C. Toll, Research Staff Member, Secure Systems and Smart Cards
IBM T. J. Watson Research Center, 19 Skyline Drive, Hawthorne NY 10532
Phone: 914-784-7019 (t/l 863)   Fax: 914-784-6205 (t/l 863)  email: 
toll at us.ibm.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/fxruby-users/attachments/20080519/4d18dca0/attachment.html>

More information about the fxruby-users mailing list