[fxruby-users] [ANN] Pre-release version of FXRuby binary gem for OS X

Lyle Johnson lyle at lylejohnson.name
Thu Mar 27 22:43:22 EDT 2008

All,

I've worked out some (but not yet all) of the kinks for building a
binary (i.e. precompiled) gem for FXRuby on Mac OS X, that works with
the built-in Ruby for OS X (Leopard). The idea is that you can use
this without MacPorts, or even without Xcode installed -- just install
the gem and go, just as you've been able to do on Windows.

If you would like to help me test this, please contact me off-list and
I'll let you know where to download a copy (it's not on the RubyForge
site at this time).

Thanks,

Lyle

---
"FXRuby: Create Lean and Mean GUIs with Ruby"
Now available as a Beta book from the Pragmatic Bookshelf
http://www.pragprog.com/titles/fxruby