[fxruby-users] Newbie Question - Installing FXRuby from Gem Error

Lyle Johnson lyle at lylejohnson.name
Tue Mar 18 17:28:09 EDT 2008

On Mar 18, 2008, at 3:09 PM, Nicholas Parsons wrote:

> I'm a fxruby newbie and was just trying to install it using ruby
> gems on my i386 linux platform.
>
> I received the following error message and was wondering if anyone
> else had experienced such an ugly thing when they were installing
> this using gems.  Seems to be something wrong the the FOX headers.

Right. The setup script couldn't figure out where you've installed
FOX. It checks in a few obvious places (such as /usr/local, or /usr)
by default.

So the first question is: Where did you install FOX? ;)

---
"FXRuby: Create Lean and Mean GUIs with Ruby"
Now available as a Beta book from the Pragmatic Bookshelf
http://www.pragprog.com/titles/fxruby