[fxruby-users] How do I grey out or hide menu items.

datatec datatec at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 09:55:34 EST 2008

Sorry for posting two messages in a row, been looking for a few days now and
am stumped :(

I see from a lot of places that:
Menu commands may reflect the state of the application by graying out or
becoming hidden.

But how exactly would I do that?

So for example
Here I have a command that I do not want enabled until changes have been
made to a document

  savefile=FXMenuCommand.new(filemenu, "&Save\tCtl-S\tSave the
file.").connect(SEL_COMMAND) {

how could I set this to greyed out  and/or  hidden?

General question. I can seem to find a lot of API and CLASS stuff but
documentation of simple things like the above seem to be missing.  Am I just
looking in the wrong place?
Sent from the FXRuby Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.