[fxruby-users] How to make a copy of an existing image instance

Marius Stroe stroemarius84 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 26 05:50:35 EDT 2008

Maybe someone know the answer. How to make an exact copy of a previously instanced FXImage object?

I need that because image manipulation like crop or scale methods
affect the current object. I have tried to use clone or dup method to
create an exact copy of image but when I tried to use cloned object I
recieve :

c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/fxruby-1.6.14-mswin32/lib/fox16/aliases.rb:1118:in
`getWidth': This FXDrawable * already released (RuntimeError)

Here is some code:

dataBuffer = File.open("someFile.jpg","rb").read

img = FXJPGImage.new(getApp(), dataBuffer, IMAGE_OWNED|IMAGE_KEEP|IMAGE_SHMI|IMAGE_SHMP)

clonedImage = img.clone

puts clonedImage.width

I need some idea to make multiple copies of a current image. Thanks